We remain open for urgent and essential dental needs only. Stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you back for your preventative treatment soon.
At Rye Family Dental we take the health and safety of our patients and team members very seriously. As the situation with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has evolved, we have introduced precautionary measures in our practice, to minimise the risk of exposure.
Some of the measures we regularly adhere to, or have implemented specifically for COVID-19 include:
- Standard infection control procedures to reduce the spread of any infection;
- The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for all treatments such as standard level 2 surgical masks, protective eyewear and gloves;
- Strengthening our cleaning procedures, including actively promoting the regular use of antibacterial hand sanitiser and surface wipes;
- Reminding our staff of personal hygiene measures and our Infectious Diseases Policy.
- All stafff have completed COVID-19 infection control training provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.
- Screening all our patients on the telephone prior to their arrival.
- On arrival a declaration formis to be completed confirming you have no flu like symptoms.
- Touch-free temperature checks for our staff and patients on arrival.
- Front door open , hand sanitizer available on arrival and social distancing in place in the waiting room.
- Antiseptic Mouth & Throat rinse for all patients prior to commencement of treatment.
In addition, we’re ensuring that patients and workers who are deemed high risk, according to the Government’s advice, do not come into the practice.
In line with this we ask that you please ring us today to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have had contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Have returned from mainland China, Iran, Italy or Republic of Korea in the last 14 days
- Have arrived in Australia from overseas as of 16 March 2020
- Are feeling unwell with flu like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat
We are continually getting updates from ADA, APHRA and Bupa as the national and global situation changes. We can assure you our goal is to keep all our staff and patients safe. If you have any concerns, we are happy for you to call our friendly team.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule
We are a part of the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) which is a government initiative providing $1,000 of free dental benefits to children aged 2 to 17 who meet the eligibility criteria. This $1,000 will be valid every two calendar years and continue until your child is over 17 years of age. The CDBS is means tested, subject to relevant government payments such as the family tax benefit part A.
Rye Family Dental Care QIP Accreditation
“Achieving accreditation demonstrates a commitment to the provision of excellent dental care and continuous quality improvement within the practice.”- Quality Innovation Performance
What Is QIP Accreditation?
The accreditation of private dental practices’ is based on the integration of a set of National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards into everyday practice culture and patient safety. These standards harmonise regulatory requirements passed down by both Federal and State governments, with highlights being the demonstration of clear and evidence based patient benefits when visiting an accredited practice.
What This Means For You
When choosing an accredited practice a patient can expect a reduction in clinical and general risks, as well as the peace of mind in knowing that all staff are educated and engaged in the implementation of dental systems and improvement of dental processes within their practice.
National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards for Dentist’s were adopted by the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care in 2011. The attainment of these standards means a dental practice has proven to be of the highest calibre in delivering quality patient care within Australia.
We now proudly belong to a new age of accredited dental practices, meeting QIP quality standards of patient care for all patients.
What This Means For Us
We assure you we are committed to ongoing improvement of the policies and procedures that govern our dental practice, providing assurance to patients, staff, colleagues and peers that we are committed to quality, safety and excellence across all standards.
Accreditation is independent recognition that we have met the requirements based on a defined criteria and set of standards that all practices can be judged equally against. Accreditation provides assurance to our patients, staff and everyone associated with the Practice that quality and performance standards have been met and are being constantly evaluated and improved upon.
If you would like to find out more about the accreditation of our practice please contact us for more information.
Bupa Members First
We are now a Bupa Members First practice, allowing us to provide BUPA private health fund members with exclusive prices and benefits.
At Rye Family Dental Care we would love to provide you and your family with the following benefits and have your grinning from ear to ear:
- Price certainty of out-of-pocket costs for Bupa health insurance members.
- Commitment to be your health and care partner
- Same day emergency care
- Efficient appointment scheduling
Contact us for more information. Subject to fund dental rules, waiting periods and annual maximums.
You can now get the treatment you need today and may be able to pay over time with an Openpay Payment Plan. You can use a payment plan to pay for the full treatment or to cover a gap left after claiming. These payment plans include options such as a 20% deposit for amounts between $100 and $5,000, and repayment terms that extend from 2 months out to 24 months.
Approved applicants only. Before finalising your Openpay purchase, please familiarise yourself with Openpay's full Terms and Conditions, including applicable fees by visiting www.openpay.com.au/legal